Sunday, October 11, 2015

Albuquerque Turkey

Song:  Albuquerque Turkey 
Source:  Carriage House
Origin: Unknown
Grade level: PreK+
Rhythmic elements: rhyme patterns
Movement: walking like a turkey in general space
Connection to curriculum:  Different thanksgiving traditions, what different people eat around the world.  Each child can fill in what they want for the last line "Because for my thanksgiving dinner I'll have ________ instead."

Words:
Albuquerque is a turkey
And he's feathered and he's fine
And he wobbles, and he gobbles
And he's absolutely mine

He's the best pet
That you can get
Better than a dog or cat
He's my Albuquerque turkey
And I'm awfully proud of that

He once told me,
Very frankly, he preferred to be a pet
Not the main course of my dinner
And I told him not to fret

And my Albuquerque turkey
Is so happy in his bed
Because for our Thanksgiving dinner
We'll have chow lo mein instead

No comments:

Post a Comment