Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Listen to the Water


Song:  Listen to the Water
Source:  Music Class
Origin: Bob Schneider 

Grade level: K+
Rhythmic elements: chorus and verses, 
Movement:  hand to each ear for "listen to the water" waves for "rolling down the river" and then whatever movements go with the various animals.
Connection to curriculum:  What motions realistically would an animal make, what animals live by the river, 

Words:
chorus
Listen to the water, listen to the water
rolling down the river
Listen to the water, listen to the water, 
Rolling down the river

I saw a turtle by the water, gliding in the water
I saw a turtle in the water, down by the river

chorus

I saw a pelican by the water, flying over the water
I saw a pelican by the water, down by the river

Add as many animals as you want!  if possible give children puppets and let them pick the movements their animal will make

I saw some children in the water, splashing around in the water
I saw some children in the water, down by the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment